Downloadable Maps from the United States Geological Survey
Maps published between 1884-2006Explore over 178,000 topographic maps, geologic maps, interactive maps and more from anywhere in the US. Free downloadable maps for your area of interest published between the years 1884-2006 available to you through the USGS.
1855 Oxford Map
Digital copy of original map hung in the local history room of Oxford, MAClick here
Oxford HistoryPlease feel free to visit the library for any information on the history of Oxford! For the most information, be sure to check out our Local History Room in the original 1903 section of the building!
18th & 19th Century Oxford Documents
Funded by the Janet Malser Humanities TrustThe Oxford Public Library and the General Ebenezer Learned D.A.R. of Oxford worked together to write a grant from the Janet Malser Humanities Trust to conserve 8 Oxford historical documents from the 18th and 19th century. These documents included:
1. Baron Wallworth’s Letter of Promotion to Rank of Lieutenant in the “Luck” Regiment March 28, 1779. / Transcription
2. Health Certification for Arthur Humphrey and Marven Moore from Dr. Daniel Fisk Jan. 2, 1777.
3. Ledger Entries from 1790: Jacob Barrel Account / Jacob Barrel Transcription / Contra Credit Account
4. Announcing to Major Huntington of Appointment as Paymaster Dec. 25, 1776.
5. Town Receipt from Worcester to Oxford Nov. 7, 1814.
6. Oration Delivered at Oxford on the 46th Anniversary of American Independence. By Ira Barton (25 pages).
Printed by Hilliard & Metcalf, of Cambridge 1822: (Please click a link below to view)
|Title Page||Page 3||Page 4 & 5||Page 6 & 7||Page 8 & 9||Page 10 & 11|
|Page 14 & 15||Page 16 & 17||Page 18 & 19||Page 20 & 21||Page 22 & 23||Page 24|
7. Framed Article “Presentation of Colors to the Oxford Invincibles” Sept. 13, 1824 from the Massachusetts Spy, Dec. 23, 1824.
8. Company Roll of Captain Thomas Meriam, Company of Infantry. (Please click an image below to view)
*The restoration, preservation and digitizing was done by the Green Dragon Bindery in Shrewsbury, MA.
Oxford History Museum
Oxford Photos and Stories of Oxford Massachusetts
From 1900 - 1973View historical Oxford photos below!
All photos below are part of the Oxford Free Public Library's collection, located in the Board of Trustees Room. All photos were voluntarilly scanned by Earl Holmberg. Thank you, Earl!
Oxford Advertisements and Announcements
Oxford Civil War Photos
Oxford Town Center
People of Oxford